Certified Erosion, Sediment, & StormWater Inspectors are rigorously trained, tested and certified ensuring they are qualified to inspect: erosion, sediment and stormwater plans and their implementation.
Certified Erosion, Sediment and StormWater Inspector™
CESSWI – Identifying Professionals with a Comprehensive Knowledge & Understanding of Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Regulations. Certified Inspectors are recognized by state and federal regulators as qualified professionals in their field. On many jobs and in many specifications CESSWI Certification is a requirement.
CESSWI program is intended to ensure certificants meet the Federal requirements including the US Environmental Protection Agency’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System definition of “Qualified Personnel” and also know how to ensure that the projects they oversee; meet the requirements of State and Local regulations.
The CESSWI training and certification addresses all aspects of providing complete inspections for erosion and sediment control and stormwater compliance. Successful certificants have been tested and have demonstrated their knowledge and understanding of: documentation, communication, safety, the rules and methods of erosion and sediment control and stormwater control and management.
Benefits of CESSWI™ On Site
Erosion Control, Stormwater and Sediment Control are critical parts of almost every construction project. Federal and State agencies are increasing regulation and enforcement every year. The environmental impact of poor erosion, sediment and stormwater management is significant and proven. Each of these facts makes it abundantly clear that all construction projects should have a professional on-site, who understands these subjects and has the ability to ensure they are addressed effectively. By including a qualified professional on your construction team you help to ensure projects: are done correctly the first time, are well documented, keep the regulators happy, move on-schedule, don’t incur fines and wrap up smoothly.
Certified Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Inspectors have been trained and tested on each of these subjects and have proven their proficiency on subjects including but not limited to:
- Regulations – Federal, State & Local
- Permit application requirements for: municipalities, construction activity and industrial activity
- Enforcement and penalties
- Safety issues ranging from: insects, animals & plants to hazardous materials
- Communication issues regarding: meetings, working with site personnel and addressing communication challenges and difficult situations
- Documentation: note taking & reporting, effective use of photos & videos, site drawings & map management
- Compliance resolution & enforcement actions
- Appropriate inspection skills ranging from pre-inspection processes through inspection and finally post-inspection follow-through
- Plan management
- Best Management Practices for each of the technologies included in: Erosion Control, Sediment Control, Runoff Control, Materials Management and Post-Construction Management